Thursday, July 4, 2013

Board

Three days no work except I tried to set up post for the porch today I miss positioned the post support in the ground so tomorrow I will build a new one that's what I get for not paying enough attention whent it was too hot to pay attention. Tomorrow I will get to work on that post support and the second section of the cabin floor. Decided not to do a two-story because of the injury to my shoulder disappointing because I wanted a second floor Dear stand. Any of you know how many square feet per person is needed for a garden that produces 80% of your food needs. I am considering a 100' x 200' area for four people.

1 comment:

  1. If you have a choice of location for the Garden.
    Place it where you can make the most from each rainfall without a flooding event. ie, terrace like, etc. Water is the most important. It does not have to be totally in the sun, shading from trees does not seem to hurt the growing ability.
    Make sure you have enough room between rows for walking and sitting down. Local feed and farm store may have growing infomation, get it on paper, use a comp. notebook to keep a log on progress. I cannot remember much, but water is the most important.

    ReplyDelete